When it comes to gaining customers online, most businesses tend to focus on improving their conversion rates. And, understandably so: if the people that visit your website turn into paying customers, then you are putting your marketing dollars to good use.
But, here’s the thing: there’s more to building a loyal audience than just investing in ads. The first step of the process is to generate traffic and get more people accustomed to your brand.
Do I Really Need to Increase Website Traffic?
We get this question quite often. A lot of our clients ask us why they should bother to get more traffic to their site when their paid advertising works so well. Some of them are even wondering if they should buy web traffic and get it over with it without the hassle. And, that’s a perfectly good solution too if you do it right and work with sources that can bring more than just a horde of useless users. A lot of the time, businesses get on dubious sites and the traffic bots bring them web traffic that doesn’t bring anything to the table regarding engagement, awareness or conversions.
Leaving all that aside, organic traffic can help you build a loyal audience, and that’s a strategy that can be more profitable in the long term than a few clever ads. An ad might get you a lead from a prospect who has an intent to buy at that very moment (and, that’s very good.) But, people that come to your website to read your content, engage with your posts or share your articles are actually building a connection with your brand. That can translate into numerous opportunities to sell more than a one-time product to that prospect. Moreover, people that are satisfied with the brand experience you provide, whether it’s the quality of your products or the informational value of your posts, are more likely to recommend your business to friends and family.
Yes, generating traffic is the long route as it requires an enormous amount of work. But, the results and benefits are worth all the sweat and tears.
How to Get More Traffic to Your Website
Now, comes the difficult part: what can you actually do to get more traffic to your website. Well, let us count the ways.
- Create Value-Added Content
One of the best (though one of the slowest too) ways to get more organic traffic is by creating high-quality content regularly.
Keep in mind that content isn’t synonymous with just written articles. The demand for video content, for example, is increasing at a rapid pace. In fact, recent reports show that 54% of consumers want to see video content from the brands they are following. Moreover, 85% of internet users in the US watch online video content every month largely on their smartphones.
Infographics are another excellent way to drive organic traffic to your website. Studies show that infographics are linked and shared three times more often on social media than other types of content.
- Social Media
It’s 2020 and simply sharing a post on Facebook and expecting to get tons of traffic to your website from it, isn’t enough anymore. Nowadays, you need to use all the options that make sense to your business to attract more people to your page. Try to make the most of features like swipe up in Instagram Stories or the automated lead generation feature on Facebook Messenger. But, most importantly, use the social media platforms that make the most sense to your business. For example, if you want to get more traffic to your Shopify store, then maybe Twitter isn’t your best option. Try to focus on Pinterest instead as reports show that this platform has great engagement and conversion rates.
- Contests and Giveaways
If you are looking for a quick boost in traffic then a contest or giveaway can do the trick. Choose a prize that will get your audience excited, such as discounts or free products, determine the criteria, and share the contest on your social media channels.
What Optimizations Will Get Me More Traffic
While focusing on all these strategies can definitely be beneficial, sometimes the content you already have can be the low hanging fruit. After all, you’ve worked really hard to put it out there and it would be a pity not to make the most out of it.
So, here are a few optimization tricks that can get you more traffic:
- Get a Birds Eye View:Use a tool like Screaming Frog to audit your content and get a better understanding of what is working and what is not.
- Score Your Content:Try to score your content based on factors like keywords you were targeting, the organic traffic it generates, the stage in the sales funnel, and so on.
- Optimize Your Content:Now, that you have an overview of what you need to tweak, it’s time to get to work. Add the right keywords to the right pages. Make sure to include them in the title, meta description, H1 and H2 headings, body content, and internal links.
Other Optimizations That Will Help Boost My Rank on Google
- Google My Business Listing:Most businesses undervalue the opportunities a well-written Google My Business listing can bring. Online listings are valuable for local SEO and Google will favor businesses with complete and updated information and put it at the top of the search engine. The more people see your listing, the higher the chances they will visit your website.
- Get Listed on Online Directories: It’s all about accessibility and simplicity in this day and age, and online directories make it easier for your prospects to identify your business and the products you are selling. That is a plus in the eyes of Google, increasing your odds of getting a better rank.
- Build Backlinks:Backlinks are still one of the core components of SEO. It shows that other websites vetted for you and deemed your content as valuable and useful. That vote of trust can get you a higher rank in Google.
Over to You
If you’ve got to the end of this article feeling overwhelmed by the abundance of options, then you don’t need to worry. We can help you get traffic to your website fast and easily.